Thursday, September 24, 2009

challenge #1 completed

So... this week's challenge is up.Were you smiling all week?
I have to say, some days it was hard. I wasn't in the mood. And other times it was a let down when people would scowl back at me. Alas, I expected that. The reward definitely was when I would get a really positive reaction. You could tell they weren't expecting it, and most the time- it was reciprocated with a beautiful smile. It is a good feeling to give someone a little burst of happiness, even if it's momentary. A stranger's smile can say, "you're doing great" or "you look like a nice person" or even "I care about you, even though I don't know you."
It was a great challenge.
I want to hear how it went for you.
Keep smiling.

1 comment:

  1. I took your challenge, and I must say this week was a bit difficult since my family came down with the stomach flu, one right after the other (including me). However, I DID smile! At 3am my 5-year old said I could make him feel better if I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas to him. The request made me smile (even if it was sarcastic smiling, changed to sincere smiling). It didn't matter that we'd been up since 9pm the previous night every 30-40 minutes taking trips to the bathroom (ugh). So, thanks, Ms. Scarlett, it was easier to smile knowing you were smiling too :-)

    ReplyDelete