Wednesday, October 28, 2009

day one, challenge 6

In order to keep myself on task, for the 7 day gifts challenge, everyday this week I will journal what I did for someone... because at the end of this goal, I will NOT say, "eh, so so" like I did on the last challenge.
Yesterday my gift was a listening ear.
A friend who is typically kind of chatty (bless her heart) called while I was wildly hurrying to make dinner and help with homework. She wanted to talk about rescheduling something, but I knew what she really wanted to talk about was her new grandbaby. So instead of quickly congratulating her and bringing the phone conversation to a close, I asked every single question I could think of about the new baby. I let her tell it all- the birth story, the baby's stats, and the other grandchildren's reactions to the new baby. It felt good. Sometimes I get too rushed and I only allow time for conversations I think I want to have.
Don't forget to give a gift to someone today!

2 comments:

  1. That was a sweet post. You are so kind when I call and chat my head off. That is a lovely challenge gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you call to chat Mom, I want you to call to chat more often!!

    ReplyDelete