Friday, October 2, 2009

challenge #3: get dressed everyday

This challenge may make you think ill of me.I am fortunate enough to stay home with my kids, but just unfortunate enough to find myself in my running clothes from the morning---all day--nearly everyday.
ahh, that felt good to confess.
Even though most days I bask in the luxury of being able to do so, it does affect my self esteem. I know I would feel better about myself if I took better care of me. And I'm sure Capt. Butler and the kids would like that too.
This week I will get dressed everyday complete with hair and makeup.
This is going to be a challenge.
Will you do it with me?
Oh ya, you probably already do.

4 comments:

  1. I actually made this challenge for myself a month ago. Let's just say it did wonders. I feel much better about myself. This week my kids finally stopped asking if we were going anywhere when I was all prettied up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know I come from the opposite end of the spectrum here b/c I HAVE to get dressed up everyday, so I would like a break every now and then...but, I think it really does do something for your self esteem to look put together. Even if I am wearing sweats, I feel better if my sweats match and I have my hair and make-up done. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, here is the deal, I really want to do this and I try so hard, but it is impossible for me to keep my cute clothes on once I'm home. I am terrified of getting bleach or splattered oil on them. SO does it count that at least I'm getting out in cute clothes, but make a made dash for my room to put on comfy clothes as soon as I get home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Cheryl,
    That definitely counts.

    ReplyDelete