Tuesday, October 27, 2009

challenge #6: gift giving

Yesterday I saw a brief clip on the Today Show where a woman with MS was talking about how she was doing this program called "29 days of Gift Giving". She talked about how once she started doing small acts of kindness for others, her symptoms with MS started to fade and her health improved. She actually stopped using her cane to help her walk. You can read more about this here
http://givingchallenge.ning.com/
I too believe that if we can move the focus off of ourselves and onto others, in the process we can actually improve, nourish and enlighten our own soul.
I have seen this happen in my own life- and I want to see it again.
So, this week I will give SEVEN gifts.
The definition of "gift" is completely up to the giver.
It can be something made, baked, bought, spoken, written, gestured, and so forth. Nothing big, fancy or expensive starting today and ending next Tuesday.

Will you do this with me?

3 comments:

  1. Shhh...this is a secret, but I got the Relief Society list of birthdays and started bringing gifts to each woman on their birthday. I love doing it. It is a wonderful way to get to know each lady and I think it does more for me than them! (But that is how service is anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I want to do it too. You have such wonderful ideas, Laura, and I agree that when we focus on others, our own worries fade away.

    ReplyDelete