Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Put on your party dress, Katie Scarlett O'Hara

So this week is going pretty good,
compared to the last couple weeks.
Let's see, I finally started my Christmas shopping
(which makes the kids happy and hopeful)
delivered goodies to some friends (and might I add, it was a very pleasant experience to be in the homes of many friends whom I have known, but have never seen where they live?)
went to the annual church party (which was an interesting experience in itself- think American Idol try outs),
went to a friend's home for family home evening,
and our family even went caroling one night
(ok, we only went to one house).
So yes, I'd say being social is helping me de-stress.
Conversation has always been great therapy for me.
It draws me away from myself and allows me to focus on the other person.
Usually in that moment, I am able to forget any woes I have and be the happy me that I want to be.
Even though it might seem strange that while I'm feeling anxious or in a funk, I would challenge myself to get out and socialize... it honestly is what I know I need.
The hard part is getting out there whether you want to or not,
more than likely you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. ditto, ditto, ditto. It is REALLY hard to get out and socialize when you are in a funk, but I'm always glad that I did. Because I'm at least distracted for a few minutes from my internal mess. Great goal and great job reaching, it.

    ReplyDelete