Friday, January 8, 2010

Challenge #12: Thank you

Yes I've been neglecting my weekly challenges.
Tara (aka my home/plantation, for those of you illiterate Gone With the Windian's, shame on you) has been quite busy.
But I'm back on track again.
I used to be really good at writing thank yous. My mother raised me to always send a thank you card when kindness was received. Over the years, my thank you letters have fallen to thank you emails, and now to almost nothing.
I am a grateful person, and I want to express it in writing more often.


It is a gesture I don't want to lose.
So this week, after a holiday season of both giving and receiving, I will catch up on thank yous gone unwritten.

Will you do this with me?

4 comments:

  1. You have always been good at this!! Maybe I haven't given enough lately to receive a thank-you card from you. I will try to do both, give and thank. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder. It's a good thing to do on a long Sunday morning. You're a good girl, Katie Scarlett O'Hara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, Laura! NO-ONE is better at writing thank-yous than both of my sisters. You are the queens of writing them. Wish I had learned that lesson better from mom. kudos to you! and I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend of mine translate the above comment, it means:

    "Friendship can increase happiness, decrease suffering."

    A great thought.

    ReplyDelete