Wednesday, November 4, 2009

challenge #7: greening me

This week I am GOING GREEN
Yes, I'll admit it.
I am an eh, so-so kind of environmentalist.
Like many things in my life, I have always WANTED to be better at doing my part to help the environment, but I continue to give a mediocre effort.
For example, I have wanted to switch over from using mountains of plastic bags at the grocery store to bringing my own reusable bags.
I wasted months just watching other people toting their re-usable bags in and out of stores, always thinking, "I should do that".
Now I will!
The last 2 weeks I have been collecting re-usable bags from various stores and finally, I'm on my way.
So, this week, I will find ways to go from goopy to green.

4 comments:

  1. I think you've been on the East coast to long, time for you to move back west!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Laura! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside whenever I use my reusable grocery bags . . . really! It also beats trying to figure out what to do with all those plastic bags. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new blog!!! I starte a new one too, but I have not been as good as you on keeping up!!! You are such a great writer and I love your honesty when you write(: I want to be greener too, but oh how I love my paper towels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, okay. I'm going to start on your number one challenge of smiling at everyone. I'll let you know how I do.

    ReplyDelete