Monday, November 16, 2009

challenge #8: completed

Again, I found this challenge to be difficult-
but even more rewarding.
I will admit, I didn't do one of the 3 antidotes every single time-
But for the most part, I was pretty strict about making myself stick to the rule and lo and behold, it actually worked.
By the time I had to think of 3 great things about the person I'd just been critical of, I started to realize how much I admired him or her, and strangely I was led right into the other rule about thinking things through from their perspective and by then, I forgot why I was bothered in the first place. And even stranger, I was left with good feelings toward that person.
For me, this was a brilliant formula that I will hopefully stick to for the rest of my life.
Please share your experience with this challenge,
I want to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to share one really quick that was on my mind yesterday. We had the same experience (bad) with 2 different couples, and 2 different times. The first, I reacted horribly with, let bad thoughts ruin my relationship with them and I am still trying to recover and mend. The second, I decided to not ever let a bad thought in about this couple, but to always turn it to a positive. And while I know they dislike us, I have no ill feeling towards them whatever, in fact I love them and I hardly ever think about them. With the first couple my hatred for them consumed me. So thanks for the reminder of this. I will always try my best in this one, it is vital. We are commanded to have charity, and the formula for that is in Matthew 5:44, which goes along with your posting. Ok, so this wasn't quick at all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete